Qigong: Exploring the Energetics
with Marilyn Payne
Saturday, December 9th, 2:00 - 3:30PM
Restorative Yoga: Opening to Healing Energy
with Deb Smith
Saturday, Dec 16th, 2:00 - 4:00 PM
THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL.
Please call or email us to be placed on the wait list.
Resilience - A Quality to Build
A New Blog from Swami Atmarupa
Recordings of Guided Yoga Practices and More!
Nityatara (Cathy Prescott)
AYT-L2, E-RYT 500, RCYT, RPYT, YACEP, C-IAYT
Nityatara means "Eternal Star"
Nityatara discovered yoga in 1979 at the Unitarian Church in Pittsfield, MA, and has been a devoted student ever since. She is a Level 2 Satyananda Yoga instructor and is registered at the highest level with Yoga Alliance (YA), including designations for teaching prenatal students (RPYT) and children (RCYT). She works with the Yoga Academy of North America, which provides teacher training in Satyananda Yoga and other programming.
Nityatara is also a Certified Yoga Therapist through the International Association of Yoga Therapists and has been on the faculty of Integrative Yoga Therapy since 2001. To complement yoga, Nityatara has done extensive study in Ayurveda, yoga's sister science, earning the qualifications of Ayurvedic Practitioner (National Ayurvedic Medical Association) and Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist. She is a Reiki Master and has certifications in Yin Yoga, Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy, Therapeutic and Remedial Massage, and Clinical Aromatherapy.
Nityatara offers group instruction as well as private consultations to support your wellness objectives.
- B.A., French & Spanish Literature, Grinnell College
- Black belt ranking in Tae Kwon Do
Jignasu Sannyasin Initiation from Swami Satyasangananda Saraswati, May, 2012 (Colombia)
Certifications, Registrations, Accreditations:
- Accredited Yoga Teacher Level 2, SATYANANDA YOGA®
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Alliance (ERYT - 500 hours)
- International Association of Yoga Therapists, certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT)
- Integrative Yoga Therapy 1000-hr PYT
- Registered Children's Yoga Teacher (RCYT®)
- Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT®)
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- Kripalu School of Ayurveda: Ayurvedic Practitioner & Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist
- Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training, Foundational (Shiva Rea)
- Himalayan Institute: Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
- Itsy Bitsy Yoga: Baby & Tot, Little Family, Tykes Teacher Trainings
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Certified Practitioner
- Therapeutic Massage Therapist, School of Professional and Remedial Massage, Scotland
- Reiki Master
Workshops, courses and other trainings:
- Vedic Counseling
- Guru Poornima & Yoga Lifestyle course in India (2014)
- SATYANANDA YOGA® workshops, satsangs, and continuing teacher training