Codes for Joy: Yamas & Niyamas
with Swami Atmarupa
Saturday, Feb 18, 2-4 PM
with Sannyasi Atmadarshan
Friday, Feb 24, 7-8 PM
Saturday, Feb 25, 4-7 PM
Full program includes chanting & kirtan!
Align Your Body
with Denise Clement
Saturday, Mar 4, 2 - 4 PM
Yama & Niyama Monthly Study Group
with Swami Atmarupa
Sundays, 4-5:30 PM
Mar 5, Apr 2, May 21, Jun 18, Jul 16, Aug 13, Sep 10, Oct 8, Nov 5
Attend one or all!
Live Your Best Life
An Intro to the Bhagavad Gita
Saturday, Mar 11, 2-4 PM
Ever Feel Stuck?
A New Blog from Swami Atmarupa
Recordings of Guided Yoga Practices and More!
Yoga for Kids!
We are expanding our Yoga for Kids classes and workshops in 2016! We offer classes for all ages, including graduated programs for babies, toddlers, children, and teens, all designed to support your child's developing body and mind!
The benefits of Yoga for Kids include,
but are not limited to:
• Improved ability to relax and calm themselves
• Reduced stress
• Increased focus and concentration
• Increased strength and flexibility
• Improved coordination and balance
• Improved gross and fine motor skills
• Improved sleep patterns
• Improved digestion
• Increased self-confidence
• Development of a healthy, active lifestyle
Yoga for Little Tots & Little Tykes
The entire room is our mat as we blend poses, breathing, and relaxation practices from yoga with developmental activities, songs, nursery rhymes, and games that encourage your child's blossoming during this period of non-stop growth and discovery. Parents/caregivers participate with the children, creating a safe, supportive, fun-filled environment for all.
Note: please keep personal toys tucked away during class - all props are provided.
Little Tots - 9 months & younger crawlers to 2 years,
with a caregiver:
The relaxed structure of this class creates space for a combination of group and parallel play designed to support each child's large and small motor skills development as well as early social interaction.
From: 10:30 - 11:15 AM
Cancelled this session due to low enrollment
Little Tykes - 2 & 3 year olds, with a caregiver:
More structure is introduced in this class, with each session following seasonal themes. Yoga poses are practiced individually or with partners to promote coordination, balance, and concentration. Group yoga poses and activities are designed to foster a child's imagination while encouraging their developing listening, cooperation, and social skills.
Wednesdays, Nov. 16 - Dec. 21
From: 9:30 - 10:15 AM
Please note: Siblings and "tag-along" babies - There is no charge for infants coming to an older sibling's class. There are a limited number of openings for tag-along babies per class, so please contact the studio for permission to bring your baby. Once a baby is 9 months old, they become a class participant in your older child's class and registration is necessary. An older child may not attend a younger child's class.
Mom & Baby Yoga
for you & your baby, 6 weeks - 9 months old & not yet crawling
Join us for a fun-filled, loosely structured yoga class that combines practices for moms with baby-centered routines to enhance bonding and support baby’s expanding awareness of their bodies and environment. Whether you are new to yoga or have had a practice, you will learn how yoga can support you and your baby during this very special time. Please bring a blanket for your baby to be on during class and a favorite toy.
ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Winner of Macaroni Kid Cleveland East Gold Daisy: Best Kids' Yoga!
Private Classes for Children
Your child will enjoy personalized instruction from one of our highly-qualified instructors. Private classes are available for children of all ages.
Classes can be designed to address specific concerns:
- Physical concerns
- Emotional difficulties (anxiety, depression)
- Behavioral difficulties
- ADHD or impulse control
Or enjoy specialized instruction in:
- Mom & Baby Yoga
- Parent/Caregiver & Child Yoga
- Family Yoga
Off-Site Yoga Classes for Children
Our teachers are available to bring our unique style of yoga to you!
Consider a yoga class:
- At school (preschool through high school)
- At your meeting or event (Girl Scout meetings, etc.)
- At church
- In the park
Please contact us at email@example.com or call 216-371-9760 to plan your event.
Policies and Procedures for Children's Classes
Welcome to YOGA for KIDS at the ATMA CENTER! We offer fun-filled yoga classes that will promote coordination, balance and concentration. At this time we would like to cover some rules and procedures. A waiver must be signed by an adult at the beginning of the first class before their child may attend the class.
- Shoes are stored under the benches located in our store. Coats are to be hung on the hooks outside of studios. Personal belongings and valuables may be brought into the studio (no food or drinks); cell phones silenced and placed in the cubbies along the wall. Please wear comfortable clothing.
- Children should use the restroom prior to class as the teacher will not be available to escort them once class has begun.
- Children must be signed in and out of class by parent/guardian.
- Parents/guardians of children ages 4-7 attending a yoga class alone should remain at the Atma Center during your child’s class.
- We must have a parent/guardian contact number for all children attending any class if parent is not present. This applies to ages 8 and up.
- Children develop at different rates. Please encourage your child and avoid comparisons.
- It is our mission to introduce yoga to children in a calm, safe and fun environment. Children causing a disturbance for other students may be asked to leave the class. The teacher will first make every effort to contact the parent/guardian to work through any challenges but the teacher reserves the right to excuse the child from future classes if the disturbances continue.
- In parent/tot classes, the adult should feel comfortable in taking a disruptive child out of the room until they are ready to return. Please, parents, turn cell phones off.
- The goal of the yoga program for younger children is that they develop a positive experience without concern for performance of the practices.