Yoga at the Museum
Theme is Opposites
August 19, Saturday
11 AM-12:30 PM
Yama & Niyama Monthly Study Group
with Swami Atmarupa
Sundays, 4-5:30 PM
Sep 10, Oct 8, Nov 5
Attend one or all!
Intro to Yoga Psychology & The Bhagavad Gita
Saturday, September 30, 2-4 PM
2017 INDIA TRIP!
with Swami Atmarupa
Trip includes a course with Swami Niranjanananda, visits to two Ashrams, sightseeing and much more!
Nov. 25th-Dec. 19th
Resilience - A Quality to Build
A New Blog from Swami Atmarupa
Recordings of Guided Yoga Practices and More!
Atmadarshan (Laura Santoro)
AYT-L2, E-RYT 500, YACEP
Atmadarshan means "Vision of the true Self"
Atmadarshan has used yoga to reduce her allergies and eliminate her need for prescription eyeglasses, which she had been wearing for decades due to astigmatism. Her unique background in biological psychiatry, martial arts, public speaking and storytelling, combined with her extensive yoga teaching experience, make her a sought-after instructor. She most enjoys working with students who want to use yoga to relieve physical and mental conditions and face major life transitions, such as death and dying. You can learn more about her here.
Atmadarshan is available for private classes and corporate classes. With her degrees in biology and psychology, publication in a psychiatric journal, years working in hospital settings and teaching basic counseling skills, she is also qualified to provide yoga therapy sessions and specializes in
- holistic yoga approaches to managing mental conditions such as depression and anxiety
- yoga eye exercises to improve vision, focus, concentration and relieve tension headaches
- yoga techniques for managing physical ailments such as allergies, arthritis, neck and shoulder tension, high blood pressure, back problems, and more
- advanced yoga techniques including inversions, mudras, bandhas and shatkarmas
- yoga philosophy & literature, especially Tantra and the Bhagavad Gita
- beginner to advanced meditations
- B.A., Biology and Psychology, CWRU
- Black belt ranking in Aikido through Aikido Schools of Ueshiba
- WRUW-FM Assistant Programmer training for radio broadcast, CWRU
Karma Sannyasin Initiation from Paramahamsa Niranjanananda Saraswati, July, 2005 (Cartegena, Colombia)
Jignasu Sannyasin Initiation from Paramahamsa Niranjanananda Saraswati, December 13, 2002 (Bihar, India)
Certifications, Registrations, Accreditations:
- Accredited Yoga Teacher Level 2, SATYANANDA YOGA®
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Alliance (ERYT - 500 hours)
- Diploma in Satyananda Yoga Teacher Training, Australia
- Certified Yoga Teacher, Atma Center Teacher Training Program
Workshops, courses and other trainings:
- Yogic Studies 2, SATYANANDA YOGA®
- Sat Chandi Mahayajna and Mantra sadhana course in India
- Sanskrit language workshop
- SATYANANDA YOGA® workshops, satsangs, and continuing teacher training